Choosing the best domestic kitchen design is challenging to most people. It is vital to have basic kitchen ideas when planning to transform an existing kitchen or to create a new one. Before any plans commence, be certain whether you want to remodel your current kitchen or create one with a new design. When choosing a new design, base your ideas on your current kitchen. Ensure that the design meets all your needs that the current kitchen lacks. Here are some do’s and don’ts of domestic kitchen design.
1. Ensure that you have at least one thing that makes your kitchen look more appealing. Don’t be too conservative and boring with your specific design. Make sure that your kitchen makes a positive statement to your guests and family. You can consider bringing in some elements from your other rooms to make the kitchen livelier.
2. Make a point of hiding some of your kitchen equipment with cabinetry. Avoid having too many appliances made of stainless steel. It is necessary to have stainless steel but let your kitchen design not over use it. Additionally, avoid having too many appliances so as not to make your kitchen feel small. Too many appliances may interfere with the pattern and flow of the design.
3. When purchasing cabinets, ensure that they are well built. Make sure that the cabinet you choose can remain in use for a considerable span of time since you will be using them frequently. Get to know the kind of materials they are made from. Concentrate on strong hardware and hardwoods that match perfectly with your design. Don’t scant on craftsmanship.
4. Bear in mind that even a small kitchen can appease you. Don’t think that only a big kitchen can look better. It is possible not to over design a small kitchen because you will avoid cluttering it. With a small kitchen, you can come up with creative ways to store your appliances and as such you end up creating enough eating space.
5. If you want your kitchen to appease you, then ensure enough light can get inside. Light is essential especially if your kitchen has a small space. Therefore, take into consideration your sources of light. The more light the kitchen has the better. Let your design decision be guided by the amount of light you need. Since you can never create natural right, ensure that your design can bounce and enhance it. If your will need to bounce light back to your kitchen, consider installing shiny splashbacks and glossy cabinets. Avoid going for designs that will require you to use curtains in the kitchen. Instead of curtains, consider using roller blinds since they maximize light during the day.
6. Make a point of giving your kitchen enough space. You get a good design when you combine aesthetics and storage. Ensure there is ample space over work and cooking areas in order to let the kitchen breath. If possible, let cabinets make your kitchen walls. A spacious kitchen is livelier and comfortable. To create more space, consider using skylights in your kitchen. Skylights can be a solution to lighting and storage problems. With skylights, you will require fewer windows. As such, you are able to free up a lot of space in your walls which you can use for cupboards. Also, you can add under cupboards and ceiling high cupboards so as to create more space. This is important despite the size of your kitchen.
7. Be sensitive during color selection. Choose colors carefully depending on your kitchen size. If your kitchen is small, avoid using dark units and dark colors since they may turn out to be unpleasing. You can use dark colors if your kitchen is large since they are perfect for entertaining and evening dining. Consider using gloss cupboard doors since they can add prestige to the kitchen. If your kitchen ceiling is low, ensure the tall cabinets are of the same color so as to create a sense of height. Bright colors especially for wall cabinets and base units can give a sense of space. Also, consider adding a shiny floor space.
8. Make sure that you don’t skip any sort of technical homework. When planning, make a point of determining where you need the sink to be located, electrical sockets in case you are coming up with a new structure, and where you need doors and windows. These features can have an impact on the design you choose. Avoid rushing through the design and planning phase. Take time and make an analysis of how well the design suits you.
9. Ensure that there is enough space near your oven. This is important since you will not have to carry dishes across your kitchen when preparing a meal. Therefore, avoid having your prep areas away from your oven.